Recently, I applied to attend a Google Innovator Academy. Part of this application process consists of creating a one minute video explaining an idea I would like to tackle. To learn more about this academy, click HERE to read an earlier post.
Below is the video that I ended up creating for my how might we statement: “How might we reimagine online portfolios so that students are inspired to share their story?”
Continue reading “Empathy”
The beginning of another school year is among us. As I write this blog post I am realizing that I myself have been in the education field now for fifteen years. It is amazing how fast time flies when you are having fun.
One of my favorite quotes, that I have referenced throughout those fifteen years, is from John Dewey, “If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow.“
To me, this is a great reminder that it is always important for educators to constantly reflect on their work and make improvements/enhancements when necessary. So, I ask you “How will you challenge yourself this school year to grow professionally and/or improve or enhance a lesson?”
- use Google Classroom for the first time to help with organizing and streamlining information relating to your class?
- allow students to view content in a virtual format through virtual reality headsets?
- ask a guest speaker to Hangout out with your class virtually, or better yet use the record feature in YouTube Live so that multiple classes can benefit from the conversation?
- implement a hyperdoc in a unit lesson to allow students to explore and share their ideas to a broader audience other than you as the teacher?
- join Twitter for the first time as a means to grow professionally by following other educators with similar interests/ideas?
- inspire others in your professional learning community (PLC) to try something new?
Let’s Inspire Each Other
I have created a Flipgrid topic so that we can all inspire each other. Click HERE
to share how you plan on challenging yourself this year. My hope is that we can all learn from each other in what our own goals/aspirations are for this coming school year.
Only you will know what makes the most sense, but all that I ask is that you push yourself in some way. No task is small task. If you would like to chat about how you can accomplish your challenge that you have given yourself, you know where to find me.
And that is my spiel…